I love eating cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes and Party. They are always moist with a crispy top. The cupcakes also have a round "lip", as a result from overfilling the muffin tin and letting the batter overflow during the baking process. The buttercream icing is so heavenly and smooth. When I like to eat something, I will try to duplicate the item at home so that I can enjoy it more often and share it with others. The extra effort you put into making something yourself is the secret ingredient for all delicious food because it comes from the heart. So here I share with you one of my favorite cupcake recipe.
Enjoying my Saturday morning with a cupcake and a cup of tea
Cupckes from Trophy Cupcakes and Party (Seattle)
I have also added the sugar cookie dough alphabet letters cookie so that you can spell out any captions for any special occasion....Father's day, mother's day, birthdays, Valentines day and 4th of July, the possibilities are endless. This little "special touch" will make your cupcakes extra special. I hope you enjoy it.
Cupcake Recipe (For a delicious moist cupcake)
(Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, Feb 2009)
3/4 cup plus 1 tsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup plus 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) In a bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl with electric mixer beat butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add in sugar, beat until smooth and fluffy.
4) Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
5) Beat in sour cream and flour mixture.
6) Line sixteen 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Fill each cup with two slightly rounded tablespoons of cake batter.
7) Bake 18 mins or until top springs back and cool completely on wire rack.
8) Top each cupcake with icing and top with Alphabet cookies.
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 ounce carton sour cream
1 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine one 8 ounce carton sour cream, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened coca powder. Beat on medium-high until fluffy.
Alphabet cookies (For decoration)
1) On a lightly floured surface, knead 1/3 cup all purpose flour into 1/2 of a 16.5 ounce package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (You can use any basic sugar cookie recipe and just knead in the extra flour so that the cookie will hold it's shape better).
2) Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick
3) *KEY STEP* Lightly brush with water and sprinkle with coarse red sugar
4) Cut into cookies into your desired spelling.
5) Bake small cookies in preheated 375 F oven for 6 minutes. Bake larger cookies 7 to 8 minutes.
6) Cool onto wire rack and use it to decorate your cupcakes.
Cupcakes I made for Valentine's day
You can purchase these beautiful cookie cutters here:
I hope you will continue to make this delicious snack for your family for years to come!