Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Coffee Jello-No begging allowed!


Hello everybody,

Today I am going to share with you how to make a simple coffee jello that you can serve as a dessert.

The idea for this dessert actually came from my favorite Japanese restaurant in my neighborhood-Tokyo Japanese Restaurant.  They serve a similar coffee jello complimentary of the chef during dinnertime but not during lunchtime. This dessert is so addicting that it is not uncommon to see guests (other guests, not me) beg for it to be served during lunchtime. Last week, I was having my usual Saba Shioyaki set lunch at the sushi bar when I saw yet another lady beg for coffee jello. "Can I please have the coffee jello.... (bink bink, pretty please eye) I'll pay for it."  The waiter was too nice to turn her down, but when she came back with the jello, she said (maybe just a tad coldly), "This is only for dinner, next time I am going to have to charge you."  The guest blushed in embarrassment. I immediately felt sorry for the guest, but I also understand what it is like to have a food craving so powerful you would do anything just to have it.  After all, I have driven 9 hours (one way!) from Seattle to Redding, CA, just to have an In-N-Out burger.
This is why I am going to share how to make this addicting coffee jello so that you can enjoy it in the comforts of your own home, anytime, in any amount you want.  And, it is so simple. No more begging for this at Tokyo during lunch time.  :)

Remember.. if you "beg for coffee jello, you can only eat it once. Learn how to make coffee jello and you can eat coffee jello for life."  Yeah, yeah, lame. I am known in my circles for lame jokes. Bear with me here.

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
Coffee Jello Pre Mix
1 Can Evaporated Milk 5 fl oz (147 ml)
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Directions:
1) Make the jello pack according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Browncookie Hot Tip: *To make a stronger jello, replace 1 cup of water with freshly brewed coffee.
2) Pour jello into a jelly mold.
3) Heat Evaporated Milk with Sugar until all the sugar has dissolved.  Let it cool.
4) Spoon a a little evaporated milk over the jello prior to serving.

Have a great one!
Julie
Source: A browncookie.com original by Julie


Resource:
Browncookie.com- Jello Mold
Amazon.com- Coffee Jello Mix

3 comments:

  1. These really look delicious. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that.I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary for your comment! You have a pretty impressive blog! I have added you to my blogroll and look forward to sharing recipes with you. - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should try this out. It seems very delicious

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...