Saturday, February 11, 2012
Heart Shaped Pancakes- Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is coming up. What are your plans to celebrate with your loved ones? Today, I am going to show you a simple way to show your love- Heart shaped pancakes.
Molded pancakes are super simple to make if you follow these easy steps:
1) Choose a thicker pancake batter. (Prevents seepage from under the ring)
2) Choose a batter that has more eggs (Cooks and forms pancakes quicker)
3) Use a non-stick skillet (Makes the release easier)
4) Grease your pancake mold carefully before you begin. (Makes the release easier).
Note: The pancake ring gets hot. Use oven mitts or similar insulation to protect your hands before attempting to work with the mold. Let the mold cool in between batches.
Here is a recipe that is sure to guarantee your success:
Printer Friendly Version
3 large eggs
115g/ 4oz all purpose flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
140 ml/ 5fl oz milk
A pinch of salt
10 Large Strawberries, diced into small pieces for toppings.
1) In a large bowl, beat the eggs until the the yolks are broken.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir quickly until they are incorporated.
3) Do not over mix- the batter should be lumpy.
4) Grease the pancake ring with cooking spray or with butter.
4) In a completely flat frying pan or griddle, place the heart ring in the middle of the pan.
5) Add the batter until that pancake ring is about 3/4 full. (The batter does have baking powder, so it will rise a bit during the cooking process).
**If you find that the batter is seeping out underneath the pancake ring, your pan is not completely flat. Use a different pan.**
6) Cook on medium heat until the top is no longer liquidy, then remove the formed pancake from the ring.
7) Flip the pancake over and continue cooking for another 1 minute.
8) Serve warm with maple syrup and sprinkle strawberries over the top. This is a rich, delicious and luxurious pancake to be shared with those you love.
Source: Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver
Heartshape Pancake Ring- Browncookie.com
Pancake Pen- Browncookie.com
The Browncookie blog is the official blog of Browncookie.com. Browncookie.com sources bakeware, baking supplies and kitchenware to bring out the chef in you. All of our suppliers must pass our strict corporate code of conduct in order to conduct business with us. Some of the products featured on this page are for only for discussion and sharing of usage opinions. Browncookie.com will fully disclose when a product endorsement is paid or advertised.